Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sacred or Secular



Ok, I've been inspired by the folks over at Defending.Contending. to create my own Sacred or Secular quiz.

Your job here is to peruse the lyrics below and decide whether or not the song is by a secular artist or a 'Christian' artist. You'll find the answers below.


1) Reach out your hand if your cup be empty,
If your cup is full may it be again,
Let it be known there is a fountain,
That was not made by the hands of men.

2) I once was lost
But now I'm found
I got my feet on solid ground
Thank you Lord
If you believe within your soul
Just hold on tight
And don't let go
You can make it
Make it happen

3) And now I am standing here
My heart’s so full, I can’t explain
Seeking faith and speaking words
I never thought I’d say
There can be miracles
When you believe
Though hope is frail
It’s hard to kill

4) I've found out a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

5) Hold Me
Like The River Jordan
And I Will Then Say To Thee
You Are My Friend
Carry Me
Like You Are My Brother
Love Me Like A Mother

6) Man we 'bout to light the night with that flare
Job from the gun in the hand of the spare
With the kick so hard that you gotta be strong
It's so hottah
You can barely hold on
So rock me drop me
But you will never stop me
From takin' this show to a full room of monopoly
So turn off the lights
Pass me the mic
Bring on the lights,
You been waitin all night

7) It's not a joke
I've felt as messed up as you do
I've felt the feelings you've been feeling
Been through the same things
You've been through
And I know how hard it is
To feel like you're all alone
We've all been given a second chance
But the chance is all our own

Well, did you get them all? Let's see:
1. Secular(Ripple by the Grateful Dead) 2. Secular(Make it Happen, Mariah Carey) 3. Secular(If You Believe, Mariah Carey) 4. Secular(The Reason, Hoobastank) 5. Secular(Will You Be There, Michael Jackson) 6. 'Christian'(ShowStopper, TobyMac) 7. 'Christian'(Scream, Thousand Foot Krutch)

No comments:

Post a Comment